View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Christmas Poem

On this the day to celebrate
the birth of our great King,
we gather `round and share a feast,
and later we will sing.
And this morn we opened gifts
we bought with thoughts of love -
but of course our gifts all pale
compared to the one from above.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I use this in my Christmas cards if I credit you?

12:07 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I feel honored that you would want to use it.

You are welcome to - as long as it is credited, and it's not for profit.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home