View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, April 21, 2006

A professional blogger?

Blogging might begin to pay!

I noticed an announcement in our local daily (Democrat and Chronicle) seeking a community blogger for the Town of Gates. Gates is a suburb of Rochester, New York. I’ve lived in Gates since 1994.

There are other community bloggers for most of the communities in the Rochester area, but apparently no one for Gates.

I immediately emailed them with some of my credentials.

The job calls for at least one entry a week about the community. One a week? I think my two blogs have shown that I can do many times that.

This would be a good outlet for my writing, a way to get to know my community and neighbors better, and, as a benefit, there’s a monthly stipend.

I wait to hear from them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

Prayers for that!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I will you well! I have thought about adding features like Ad sense to my blog in the past to make some money, but I have decided against all of it because my blog is mainly Catholic in nature and it would be wrong to make a profit in this situation.

"Without cost you have received, without cost you are to give." — Matthew 10:8

8:37 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks Laura.

Moneybags - I don't particulalry like the Ad sense ads when I see them in other blogs. I find myself questioning the motives (and the taste!) of the bloggers. I have also avoided adding that to this blog.

This "community" blog would be a separate blog published specifically for the newspaper. Sort of like those community chat/neighbors type of columns you see.

Here it is a week later, though, and I've heard nothing. Not sure what that means.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home