View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Christian Dada - first action

Dada means challenging the values of society.

Our society celebrates action, the physical, and the self.

What is more challenging than something mental, something spiritual, something directed toward others?

One way to do this is prayer.

Praying for others is a perfect form of Christian Dadaism. So I sent the following to five of my friends:

We are all in need of the power of prayer. Today, I pray this prayer for you and for four other people I care about.

An Irish Prayer

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

And in the spirit of prayer, I ask you to choose five other people to pray for. It can be whatever prayer you wish. Simply keep each person in your prayers, and ask them to pray for five more people.

We could have millions of people praying for each other in a short time!

Try it. Meanwhile, the second “action” will involve more prayer ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I'm intriuged .... I was in DC last weekend and went to the Dada exhibit at the National Gallery of Art.

I think I must link to you!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home