View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Haiku published

Three of my haiku have been published in the just-released issue of bottle rockets magazine. I printed versions of two of these poems in earlier posts. The first was written during the conclave that elected Pope Benedict.

April morning –
cardinals in conclave
at the bird feeder

leaving the vet’s
without my daughter’s cat –
chilly wind

animal carcass
on shoulder of the road
I don’t look – I look

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Congratulations! :-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger eric l houck jr said...

congratulations. 'leaving the vet's' is an especially strong piece.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Congratulations! I've tried publishing short stories before, but nothing has ever been published.

Your haikus are really good.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home