View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Catching up on tags

In all the mayhem of the Christmas season (but I did get to play Santa!), I have not kept up with my blog and with reading other people’s blogs as much as I would like.

I did get tagged twice. I respond to both now.

Paul (http://regularthoughts.blogspot.com/) hit me with this one:

1. Write three things that we're grateful to God for in this past liturgical year.

Hmm. One of the best things that have happened in the last year is being Santa, but that happened in the current liturgical year, not the past one.

The best thing this past year, of course, was the marriage of my oldest daughter, Clare, in July. I still smile when I think of the father/bride dance song she selected (“Be bop a lu lah, she’s my baby,” which I used to sing to her 22 years ago while changing her diapers).

My play version of Stone Soup was a success, and played to packed houses.

I had several haiku accepted for publication.

2. Write three ways in which we hope to improve our relationship with God in this coming liturgical year.

Pray more regularly than my usual hit or miss way.

Reread the entire New Testament, using commentaries to help me. (In the same vein, try to get more spiritual reading in my life.)

Get to confession more regularly.

3. Pass this on to three other bloggers.

Having been out of the loop lately, I’m not sure who’s done this already. I tag

That Happy Catholic, Julie (http://happycatholic.blogspot.com/)
Kat http://progressivecatholic.blogspot.com/
And Talmida http://lesserweevils.blogspot.com/

But if you’ve already done this, fine.

The second one is from KAT (got you back!)

Rules: “The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.”

1. I dance like a wounded bird just for the fun of it.

2. In conversation (or while teaching), I frequently quote movies, television, songs, literature, often using different voices. (“and that’s the twuth, ppppfttt!)

3. I make up words, or purposely distort or misuse words (my favorite “swear” words, for example, are “fisbin” and “bicuspids,” and my daughters still get confused because they’d always heard me say “mispronuncicate” instead of “mispronounce.”

4. I play or sing Christmas songs year round.

5. I frequently use archaic words. (Forsooth, zounds, belay that, etc.)


Tag 5 people:

Todd
Paul
CafeCath
Jack Bennett
M2

Have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home