View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 "Predictions"

I've been loking around in some of my favorite blogs, and a number of people are posting predictions for 2006.

I was thinking of doing that, too, but all the good predictions I dreamed up have already been taken.

Besides, although I'm generally a pretty good predictor, I'm still not over last year's prediction that the next pope would be named George Ringo.

So instead of predictions about events, I'm going to predict words.

Here are some of the words, names and phrases that will figure into events in 2006.

Impeachment.
Merry Christmas.
Donald Trump.
Disaster.
Pro-life Democrats.
Radicals.
Women priests.
Recession.
And the winner is ...
Dick Cheney's heart.
Fundamentalists.
Predictions
Christian market.
Excommunication.
Fruitcake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom.... said...

You forgot Hilary...now that is a scary thought, but one I am afraid we are going to have to contend with.....any possibility that the Anti-Christ could come as a woman?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Tom.... said...

Do you link new sites to yours....I would appreciate your consideration of linking mine. Just let me know...take care.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dick Cheney's heart?? He has one?

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home