View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Battle Hymn of the Protestants (a change of pace)

"The Battle Hymn of the Protestants"
(sung to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic")
By Todd Barker, B.D.

The Lord is soon returning all his loved ones he shall find
he will rapture up the Christians and will leave the Pope behind
then Rome shows her true colors and those on the earth will find
that the Pope's the Anti-Christ

Chorus

Glory, Glory, Christ is coming
Glory, Glory, Christ is coming
Glory, Glory, Christ is coming
to destroy the Anti-Christ

The martyred saints are calling for the vengance of their blood
and are waiting for the judgment to be sent down by their God
at the bloody whore's destruction how the chiors of heaven will swell
when the Pope is cast in Hell

How Martin Luther will rejoice when he shall see that day
and Latimer and Ridly will be cheering all the way
when the Roman Church is burning at the presence of the Lord
as He wields the Spirit's sword

Blaspheme not my holy name I can hear Jesus shout
as he tramples down the Vatican and throws the papa out
then the word of God will triumph and will every foe surmount
on Babylon's judgement day

When I first stumbled across this song on line, I thought this was tongue-in-cheek, but then I went to the home site (http://www.biblebelievers.com/).

Heck, if I needed any convincing, I only had to read the piece on Santa Claus (that tool, of Satan!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home