View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Still mulling: Kill the blog

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this blog.


I'm going to be teaching at a school where the students are computer savvy, so I wonder how long it will be before one or more of them find me here. I haven't written anything scandalous, and there are no explicit or really embarrassing photos (though that one of me in a green suit playing guitar is scary!). But I do deal with political and social issues. Will my activities or opinions offend? I don't know.


I have made some changes. My Facebook account is now open only to friends, and I've made some changes here to make it harder to find me. But will that be enough?


Another concern is lack of time. My new school will require a lot more work. Will I even have time to blog? And shouldn't I be putting my time and energy into more serious writing? (Look how much time I wasted typing this instead of doing some lesson plans or reading work for school!)


Maybe I'll wait to see if I get "discovered."

3 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Will be waiting too...but in the meantime look forward to your posts! Cathy

6:39 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Sorry I haven't been as regular about posting!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mick, OFS said...

Your students will find you Lee.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home