View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Secular Franciscan Profession: July 9

If all goes according to schedule, I will make my profession as a Secular Franciscan along with several other people on July 9.

Father Anthony (pictured above at our Day of Reflection Saturday) is available that day to come up from New York to oversee the ceremony.

This will not be an end, just another step in a process of formation and growth that began formally in 2008 (but has been with me in one form or another for nearly three decades!). That won't end while I live and am still subject to temptation. I have so far to go yet to be a good Franciscan and a good Christian.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I will keep you in my prayers, ironically, St. Francis has been on my mind lately. God Bless...from The Catholic Carnival.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home