View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

At the Mall (A Mall Santa's Prayer)

There are just two more shifts this year at the mall - today and Christmas Eve Day.

My sixth season.

Here's something I wrote the first year:

A Mall Santa's Prayer

As I hold each precious child
let me treat each one
with the love and care I'd show
Your most holy Son.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

We have a Santa Claus at our church. He's an usher. Toward the end of the year we don't see him much at the Sunday noon Mass; he goes earlier because he's so busy. But at the last time he's at the noon Mass he brings little cards for the children that say "I saw Santa today and he says I'm on the Good List." So cute! Little Brother and his friends tell people that Santa Claus goes to our church.
On the day after Christmas he was there at Mass, handing out bulletins as people left. Little Brother went over to give him a big hug and thank him for his Christmas gifts.

7:06 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Cute story! Sometimes when I'm off duty, I find myself tempted to slip into the role in stores or at Church when I'm around kids!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home