View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jesus at the wedding feast


Speaking of dance ...

One of my favorite Mysteries of the Rosary is one of the new Mysteries of Light promulgated by Pope John Paul II: Jesus at the wedding feast.

When I think of a Jewish wedding, I think of joyful dancing.

Did Jesus dance?

Some might have a hard time with this - but I can picture him dancing with the rest of the celebrants. It was a wedding feast - a joyful time.

So as I meditate on this Mystery, one of the things I picture is Jesus laughing and dancing.

2 Comments:

Blogger SandraJohnson said...

Hey Lee, my name is Sandra. I read a lot of blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I ran across this prayer exchange website and I haven't had the chance to ask my Church what their stance is on it.

I think that there are some benefits to a site like this but some others might find it questionable.

The website is http://www.prayermarket.com/.
I am curious what you (or other Christians) think about it and know that I and maybe your readers would be interested in hearing your opinion.

I'll check back here in the next day or two, thanks & God bless
Sandra Johnson

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Pumice said...

Did Jesus dance? Probably. But remember he also walked on water and turned water into wine. I accept that, just don't ask me to do it.

Grace and Peace

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home