View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Funeral -- and a dog

I got a call from our choir director. The mother of one of the choir members passed away. The director asked if I could play and sing for the funeral Mass tomorrow.

That's one of the nice things about being on summer break. I readily agreed.

It's a blessing to help someone in this painful time.

Meanwhile, I'm on the waiting list for a dog at the City Pound. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon if I got the lovely little redhead (Retriever mix). My fingers are crossed.

3 Comments:

Blogger GrandmaK said...

Hoping all goes well with the "puppy." Dropping by to let you know you have been tagged for the Catholic Prayer Meme, too. My best! Cathy

7:53 AM  
Blogger Lee Strong said...

Thanks. I'll find out about the dog this afternoon.

Came home from the funeral this morning to find out my mother-in-law also has mouth cancer. We need the prayers.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have had to sing at two funerals and have had to lector at another.
Very difficult for me because I am a "crier." So wonderful for you to be able to serve this way.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home