View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Funeral -- and a dog

I got a call from our choir director. The mother of one of the choir members passed away. The director asked if I could play and sing for the funeral Mass tomorrow.

That's one of the nice things about being on summer break. I readily agreed.

It's a blessing to help someone in this painful time.

Meanwhile, I'm on the waiting list for a dog at the City Pound. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon if I got the lovely little redhead (Retriever mix). My fingers are crossed.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hoping all goes well with the "puppy." Dropping by to let you know you have been tagged for the Catholic Prayer Meme, too. My best! Cathy

7:53 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks. I'll find out about the dog this afternoon.

Came home from the funeral this morning to find out my mother-in-law also has mouth cancer. We need the prayers.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have had to sing at two funerals and have had to lector at another.
Very difficult for me because I am a "crier." So wonderful for you to be able to serve this way.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home