View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cowboy at the Pearly Gates

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the cowboy offered. "On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota , I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground. I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the crap out of all of you!'"

St. Peter was impressed, "When did this happen?"

''Couple of minutes ago."

1 Comments:

Anonymous c said...

ROFL!

That's gonna be the case for most of us, perhaps -- no huge holy martyrdom, just doing the Right thing for the right Reason in a timely manner, no matter the cost.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home