View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pro-life March June 12

Local pro-lifers are planning a pro-life march and rosary June 12 - and it's in my own neck of the woods.

The march and rosary will begin at 9:00 a.m. at St. John the Evangelist Church, 2400 W. Ridge Rd. in Greece. The march will proceed to the Planned Parenthood offices at 2824 W. Ridge Rd.

St. John's has an 8:15 Mass on Saturday mornings; marchers may want to arrive early to attend the Mass.

The church is about five minutes from my house and the 8:15 Saturday Mass is one I often attend - my parish does not have a Saturday morning Mass - so I would normally be there anyway. The Mass always ends with recitations of St. Michael's Prayer and a Hail Mary for the end of abortion.

I'm pleased that I'll be able to add a rosary and support for life to my Saturday morning Mass going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home