View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yes, she voted for abortion


In case you wondered, New York's nominal "Catholic" Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, did vote for the health care proposal that the U.S. Bishops opposed, and which, if it gets through as a joint resolution and is signed by President Obama, will not only force us to help pay for abortions, but will not include a conscience clause for medical providers.

Her vote is not a surprise.

Nor will my vote be when she is up for reelection next year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee: I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home