View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fantasy time

I play fantasy sports - for fun, not money.

This football season, I had three teams in three different leagues. The Geneva Spiders (from my hometown and an old nickname); Huckabee's Hawks (gotta keep his name out there!); and the Holy Rollers (okay, my sense of humor).

All three were in the title games in their respective leagues this past weekend (fantasy season ends earlier than the regular season).

Two of them won!

The Geneva Spiders and Huckabee's Hawks both finished 12-4, and league champions.

The Holy Rollers finished 10-6, and lost in the title game.

Okay, it's silly, but I like sports.

No fantasy over the winter (waiting for baseball season). But the Syracuse men's basketball team remains undefeated, number 5 in the polls, and number 1 in the Sagarin rankings!

Go Orange.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben Anderson said...

too bad Pitt is gonna have to take down Syracuse this Saturday.

9:57 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Maybe ...

But Syracuse just beat a Seton Hall team that took West Virginia to overtime, and SU has beaten teams like North Carolina and California.

We'll see.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

you'll find I'm way overzealous about my sports teams :-) Pitt isn't nearly as good as last year - I'd be very surprised if they're able to compete with Syracuse. Congrats on your fantasy teams - I finished near the bottom.

10:13 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

As I feared. Sigh. Big East basketball ...

Congrats Pitt fans.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

well, I was disappointed because I couldn't watch it because we dropped cable and it was blacked out on espn360. But I saw the result - Ashton Gibbs proving this Panther team is better than they've been made out to be.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home