View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

The 13th Day - Excellent



The Good-Looking-One and I watched The 13th Day last night. It deserves all the praise it is receiving.

It is a well-crafted film, shot creatively and artistically. The use of black and white - and the selective use of color when Mary appears - the overlapping of images, the framing of shots all jumped out at us.



We both want to watch it again.

I'd love to stage a screening at our parish!

4 Comments:

Blogger Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thanx for posting these videos.

Fatima and Lourdes were the inspiration behind my fiction book Visions - relating a similar story in a modern context.

God bless you.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

where did you see it?

4:16 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Ben - I bought it at St. John's bookstore in Spencerport. They say they've been selling them like hotcakes since they got it in (there was one copy left after I bought mine).

6:47 PM  
Blogger Eileen Loveman said...

I bought one online after viewing the videos you posted - you were right! Awesome film!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home