View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Helping Santa

Last night was my first shift this year as one of Santa's helpers. A fairly steady stream children, and many patient parent (despite a camera that malfunctioned and held up pictures for more than an hour).

The evening was highlighted by two special young ladies, and a young lad.

One lass regaled me with a sweet a capella version of "Here Comes Santa Claus."

A second Daughter of Eve gave me a rose.

And the Son of Adam excitedly told me that they had a new house with a BRAND NEW FIRE PLACE! (I told that was wonderful, and just to make sure they didn't have a fire in it Christmas Eve!)

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh how exciting!!!! This must be such fun!!! Cathy

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home