View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sleep, perchance to dream (Please!)

Rough week and a half at school. Dealing with family and personnel issues there that have required long conversations with the involved parties - some crying - and members of the board. It's been a time of trying to find the right things to say in the most diplomatic ways possible to smooth some ruffled feathers and to ease tensions, to provide a sympathetic ear (even when I did not feel particularly sympathetic), all while doing my regular teaching duties.

Not easy

I've been having a hard time sleeping due to it all. I keep waking hours before I have to. The other morning I actually found myself drifting in and out of sleep from about 4 o'clock on and realizing I was saying one "Hail Mary" after another!

I was supposed to go to the 40 Days for Life kickoff tonight, but didn't get home until after it had already started - another meeting with board members! - and was too beat to turn around and drive back into the city.

Instead, I made something to eat, and then worked on school work (that I would have gotten done at school were it not for meetings and conversations).

My wife got home from a late day herself, took a look at me, and said, go to bed.

I finished a worksheet for the middle schoolers, and typed this instead of writing something more profound. Now, I will heed her advice.

I can take comfort in that no jobs have been lost - I'm very protective of my staff!

Thank you , Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home