View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Planned Parenthood Exposed

Lila Rose was on Life on the Rock last night talking about her efforts to show how Planned Parenthood violates the law and is willing to conceal rape and sexual abuse in the name of abortion. She showed some clips from undercover videos she shot when posing as a pregnant 13-year-old going to Planned Parenthood clinics.

Her efforts have led to Planned Parenthood staff getting fired, and to criminal investigations.

You can read more about what she is doing and see the videos she has released (more are in the works!) at Live Action Films. Her efforts have exposed Planned Parenthood in a number of states. Her picture is now posted in some clinics like a wanted poster!

I've had contact with Planned Parenthood deception twice.

Back when I was a reporter, I covered the effort of the local Planned Parenthood to add a "health clinic" to its headquarters here in Rochester. They kept saying it was not an abortion clinic, but I dug through plans, documents, filings with the state, and found evidence that it did include abortion services. I confronted the local head of Planned Parenthood, who fudged, dodged and basically lied in response to my questions. It all got approved anyway, and now the "health clinic" is one of the main providers of abortions locally.

When I returned to teaching, I was in public school. For sex education, the principal invited Planned Parenthood in to give a presentation.

I listened carefully, and afterwards confronted the Planned Parenthood presenter, pointing out important details she had excluded when it came to birth control - which, of course, she was essentially promoting. She admitted she had left things out. She said she wanted to keep things simple for the students, and did not want to confuse them. (Confuse them with the facts?) I reported our conversation to my principal.

The following year, Planned Parenthood was back, only this time the representative did allude to some of the issues I'd raised -only to mock and dismiss them.

After all, kids will be kids, kids will have sex, and health/mental/emotional concerns are secondary when it comes to providing them with materials to help encourage them to continue having sex - and to help Planned Parenthood make money.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along with the Lord, I thank you for trying.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow...this is just sad. Planned Parenthood is certainly not the organization that "helps women" that everyone thinks it is. To think that they would conceal facts about birth control from teenage girls so THEY could make money off of it!
God bless you. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home