View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Franciscan Moment - St. Anthony of Padua

Due to graduation at school running late, general exhaustion, and still being under the weather, I did not go to the Secular Franciscan meeting last night - my first miss since September.

But I had a Franciscan treat before today's March for Life.

It was the Feast of St. Anthony of Padua, so that great Franciscan saint was the focus of the Mass and the homily at Our Lady of Victory. There was a large statue of the Saint and the Holy Infant to the side of the altar. In addition, Father Ron - who pointed out that his middle name is Anthony and that St. Anthony is his patron saint - had a relic of St. Anthony which he placed on the altar during Mass, and which we were able to venerate after Mass.

Thank you for that gift, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home