View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, May 01, 2009

A record

The numbers are in.

According to my site meter, in April my combined visits/page views topped 5,000 for the first time - 5,192. That comes on top of 4,982 in March. Last June the combined total was just 606.

Amazing what an election, some controversies, and more regular posting can do. (And, yeah, checking the blog regularly, which probably adds to the total, so maybe I'm to blame!)

Of course, I know my numbers, real or self-created, are minuscule compared to some blogs - they get more in a day than I do in a month! - but it's a little milestone for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

CONGRATS!! Love Laural and Hardy, too! Cathy

6:36 AM  
Blogger Eileen Loveman said...

Baby steps, Lee. Baby steps. Congrats!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Progress, not perfection. Those are very good numbers, considering your "mission" doesn't include writing on sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. You could pump the numbers using titles like "Naked Monks" I suppose :-)

Then again, the biggest one day spike I ever had on my site was when a British sports writer was caused by a British biker group's message board, which somehow became sidetracked into a discussion of the axolotl... a strange little indigenous Mexican critter I'd once written about.

Are there any Franciscan biker clubs?

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home