View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Haiku to you too

As part of my planned avoidance of the Obama/Notre Dame lunacy yesterday (though I did say a prayer), I attended the Rochester Area Haiku Group meeting to talk about the upcoming chapbook we are producing. No title yet - we have to vote on that - but we read aloud our poems that will be in it (I have 4!). It's due out this summer.

We also learned about an opportunity for a public reading.

We will be pat of the program at Asian Pacific American Heritage Family Day celebration, Sunday, May 31, from 2:30 - 3:15 p.m. at the Memorial Art Gallery here in Rochester.

I'll be digging out some oldies, as well as the ones going in the chapbook.

Stop by if you are in Rochester. I'm the overweight guy with a white beard who looks suspiciously like someone who might sit on a throne at the mall around Christmas time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home