View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

March Madness Mourning: Syracuse Loses

Okay, basketball season is over for me.

Syracuse lost in the Sweet 16 to Oklahoma. 84-71. It was not a pretty game to watch - if you're a Syracuse fan (or Coach Boeheim). But it least it wasn't the worst thumping of the night (Louisville over Arizona 103-64. Ugh.).

So ... When does baseball start?

I'm still dreaming of another Red Sox/Mets World Series.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:27 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yankees?#@!?

I'll be a good Catholic boy and refrain from making any remarks - other than that the devil has reputedly been known to help certain individuals and teams. :-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Yeah, I heard that the devil has been known to hang out in Boston... ;-)

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:20 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Nah, Dr. K, just that David Crosby does!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home