View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Catholic Radio (WHIC)

In Rochester, we have a Catholic radio station - WHIC 1460. There's a mixture of content - prayer, talk, EWTN programs, Q &A programs, some music, etc. I've been listening to it more lately.

During the Presidential campaign I did listen to a lot of local politically-oriented talk radio - right and left. But as the campaign progressed, I found it more and more troubling. The views across the board were so partisan, so strident, so cynical, that I could feel a certain heaviness creeping into my own ideas.

Lead us not into temptation.

So I stopped listening.

And turned more to WHIC.

WHIC was created in 2003 out of an old religious station WWWG. The HIC stands for Holy and Immaculate Conception. The station is part of a small network, Holy Family Communication s (now just two stations), and they are referred to jointly as The Station of the Cross.

I like to receive messages that nurture my spirit, not dampen it. I like to receive Catholic information and ideas.

Catholic Answers Live. Catholic Connection. The World Over. Calling All Catholics. The Journey Home. And more. Such programs help me to grow.

Check out Catholic radio in your area. Turn to it more than the more secular stations - it might help you spiritually. Help to support it financially, too. These are tough times for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home