View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Pro-lifer Huckabee tops poll

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday, 34 percent of Republican and independent voters who lean Republican say they will be likely to vote for former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee if he gets the Republican nomination in 2012.

He beat out Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who got the support of 32 percent of those polled - a statistical tie, but with Huckabee still ahead.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney took third place in the poll with 28 percent of those questioned saying they are very likely to support him as the GOP nominee in 2012.

Huckabee and Palin are both pro-life. I particularly like one Huckabee quote on the issue of abortion: "I have no desire to throw women in jail, I just want to stop throwing babies in the garbage."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home