View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Processing to Planned Parenthood

Tomorrow (October 18) to mark passing the midpoint in the 40 Days for Life campaign, we will meet at Our Lady of Victory Church at 200 Pleasant St. in Rochester for a 12:10 Mass, then to process to the Planned Parenthood offices at 114 University Avenue.

I sent out releases to the local media - it remains to be seen whether we will be covered at all. I hope to take some pictures and to write up something to post.

But the more important thing is praying for an end to abortion. Nationwide, a reported 268 babies have been saved.

268 lives that would likely have ended if not for the campaign.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger EC Gefroh said...

Our local media was notified of the 40 Days for Life, the mid-point vigil, etc. but no coverage. Will you be joining in the Rosary for the unborn tomorrow at 9am your time zone?

1:40 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I'll be saying a rosary at that time.

I wonder how many of us there will be?

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home