View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, October 13, 2008

40 Days for Life: Midway


Today marks Day 20 of 40 Days for Life.

I was down at Planned Parenthood this morning, praying with fellow vigil participants (three Knights of Columbus from Hilton), saying a rosary, then praying a version of the Jesus Prayer ("Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner.")

I also prayed individually for each person driving into the Planned Parenthood Parking lot.

So far in Rochester, two babies have been reported saved. The last number I heard nationally was 114 saved.

Yesterday a church choir was there praying and singing Gregorian chant! On Saturday, a girl who had an abortion and immediately regretted it received counseling and support.

This coming Saturday there will be a Mass to mark the midpoint, then a procession to Planned Parenthood. The Mass is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. at Our Lady of Victory Church, 200 Pleasant Street, in Rochester.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for doing this.

6:50 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I feel lucky to be in a city where this is happening.

Keep us in yur prayers, please.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home