View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, February 04, 2008

A cable confession

After being so proud for so long about our independence from cable -we now have it.

Me culpa.

It was a combination of reasons. One was that the good-looking-one and I have been avidly interested in the Presidential races (she likes Hillary - !!!!! - I've been campaigning for Huckabee). But so many of the debates and interviews have been on cable. It got frustrating.

Also, we have an older television, and would have had to get a box or cable when the switch comes next year. In addition, we were paying for two phone lines because we had dial up, and were paying for an internet provider.

When I called to find out about cable, I learned about phone and broadband service, and that the total package would be about the same as we were already paying!

So I switched.

Now I have cable.

Forgive me.

We did get to see a couple of debates.

And I finally got to see a movie I'd always wanted to see (Shaun of the Dead).

Plus, it was nice to have EWTN again.

Otherwise, I found out that the same bores are still pontificating on Fox.

And that there are still multiple showings of the Godfather movies.

The other night, the good-looking-one was flipping through the 200 channels and lamented as she did so many times in years past: "There's nothing on."

Ah, memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home