View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, February 06, 2006

A bit of St. Joseph poetry


I love poetry. I’ve also been blessed with a special saint this year, St. Joseph.

It seemed natural to combine the two.

I began to search on line for poetry about St. Joseph.

So far, little luck.

I came across these by a “Brother Craig.”

Not the best – but a start.

A Father's Command

I learned a bit of wisdom
direct from Heaven on high.
I heard it from an Angel
and Angels never lie.

An unfailing prayer
I know how to say.
All because Our Lord
still does obey!

When you ask St. Joseph
to please intercede.
Know that your prayer
is bound to succeed.

Because each request
put in St. Joseph's hand
Jesus receives
as a father's command.

In obeying St. Joseph
Jesus is very glad,
"I'll do what you ask,
do it for you, Dad."


St. Joseph The Good Provider

St. Joseph I'm told
never does fail
when in prayer
we tell him our tale.

St. Joseph I hear
listens to our need.
He comes to our aid
as we humbly plead.

St. Joseph they say
helps in all cases
from needing shoes
or flower vases.

St. Joseph I know
answers all prayers.
To him do I turn
with all of my cares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home