View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, December 02, 2005

I really am Santa Claus!

I am now officially a Santa Claus.

Last night I worked a three-hour shift at a local mall.

I am scheduled for other shifts, including Christmas Eve.

This has been one of my dreams for years. Two years ago, my wife even gave me a nice Santa outfit. But I haven’t had a chance to wear it. (My beard has been an issue. Being a perfectionist, I wanted to do parties with a natural beard, but I have to keep my beard trimmed and it’s not quite white enough yet.)

At the mall, I wear the costume they provide. But I did bring my own boots (a nice leather pair I bought at a biker shop.)

I said a prayer on the way, hoping that I would bring a sense of love and wonder to the kids.

It was wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

Congratulations, Lee, what a fun thing to do!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Indeed, congratulations.

I have resolved that if I haven't lost my oversized belly by the time my beard goes white, I'm going to be Santa Claus every December.

It sounds like fun.

5:10 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

that is sooo cool, lee! what a treasure you are :)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home