View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Poetry pays...

I just got word that a poetry magazine wants to publish two of my haiku.

That makes three haiku and two limericks accepted for publication this year.

My poetic successes will earn me …$11.50.

I’ll heed my wife’s advice and not quit my day job.

5 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

Congratulations! That's pretty cool - you'll be able to add "published poet" to your CV.

:)

12:05 PM  
Blogger CafeCath said...

Congrats! And, we'll be able to say "we knew him when"...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What a nice blog you have here, Lee. I see you have alittle bit if everything which makes it so interesting. Religion, politics and poetry, my favorite subjects too.

I want to thank you for your kind comments about my haiku but you must know, it's only fair that you share some of yours with me. Come back to my blog sometime and post one for me, okay?

Great job on getting several of your haiku published. Wonderful!

Now, alittle gift of Zen for you...

Lotus blooms floating
on sounds of swirling water
God's nature revealed

Sandy Hollis 8/14/2005

1:38 AM  
Blogger ukok said...

Congratulations!

God Bless.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

congratulations! you are very talented.
thanks so much for the comments on my site.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home