View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Deacon update: June 30, part 2

The meeting with Father Steve went about as expected.

He didn’t know me very well, so he wanted some details about my past involvements. He also wanted to know why I felt I had a call.

I told him about the number of people who have suggested the diaconate to me over the years. I also talked about the constant urge I’ve had over the years to do more than just sit in the pews, so I’ve been a lector, a church musician, a Catholic journalist, a homeless shelter volunteer, a committee member, and so on.

We also talked about the parish and some needs he sees (he’s only been the administrator of the parish for the past few months and was named pastor finally on Tuesday.)

He asked if I would help to get the social ministry committee back off the ground. I was involved with it years ago, but it died during the years I was out of the parish (though not just because I left!).

Hmm. Helping to get a social ministry committee started. Sounds like a deacon kind of activity.

Next up, I left a message for the director of deacon personnel to talk. I also just mailed in the registration form for the August day of reflection.

4 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ther are literally hundreds of various treatments available to reduce Acne, there is everything from all natural herbal remedies. to powerful chemical pharmaceuticals such as accutain.
Link to this site:acne skin product
http://www.acne-faq.info/

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a auto insurance quotes in mississippi site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have tried all sorts of acne treatments and we decided to stick to acnezine. We have seen incredible results. We have tested many treatments here at AcnezineReviews.com and for now it's the only effective treatment that we truly reccomend. Brian Kane from AcnezineReviews.com

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home