View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Deacon update: June 30

Today I go to meet with Father Steve about the diaconate.

I’m new to his parish – or, at least new since he arrived.

I attended the parish for about 5 years back in the 90s before he arrived, then returned this spring. He was the administrator at the time I returned, and was officially appointed pastor only June 28.

Probably more details than anyone really needed.

He knows who I am from my days as the associate editor of the diocesan newspaper, though we had no contact that the time. He’s also seen me in the church choir since April.

Today may be just an information /getting-to-know you session. He’ll probably want to know why I’m interested in the diaconate.

Details later.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

He’ll probably want to know why I’m interested in the diaconate...

so, what are ya gonna tell him??

3:40 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

The benefits package!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home