View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation's Over (sort of)

Another new hire and I had a meeting with the head of the English department at the school where I'll be teaching this fall.

The department head has ideas for revamping the department and the writing program at the school. She provided us with plenty of reading material and recommendations of some on-line research to do. Then I got to pick up some of my books, and found out that I'm teaching a writing class that I can basically design.

It's going to be a lot of work - though I'm looking forward to it. But that work begins now: I'll have to spend several hours each day just to do that reading and research, and to start my class preps.

So I'm sort of on half vacation from now on!

One thing I also have to think about, though, is whether I can continue this blog. The students at my new school are all computer users, and some of the things I put on this blog might be controversial. I'm certain that they will eventually find this blog. I'll pray about that one.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home