View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

At the Abbey of the Genesee

At the Abbey of the Genesee
between hours
the chapel was mostly dark
and quiet
and empty
except for one monk
engaged in some devotions
our Lord in the tabernacle
and us
praying silently.

But outside
the rustling leaves
the singing birds
the chirping insects
chanted their own
praises
to the Creator.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo said...

That is just sick! Very disturbing! I Will stick with water. I wonder what would happen to pepsi if people were aware of this?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home