View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One step forward ...

I got a little work done on the new play. It's tentatively titled "The Birds." It's a "10-minute" play exploring a family's disintegration - all revealed through one character's words.

I'm enjoying playing with the dialogue.

It's nice to work on something in addition to poems. I think I'm better at drama than I am at short stories (and that novel that never seems to get done).

I got a contract for next year - never a certainty at a private school. So I'm gainfully employed for at least another year.

Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home