View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still here. How about you?

The time for today's predicted Rapture came - and went. Apparently no people went with it.

I'm not here to mock belief in the Rature - even though there is really no Biblical support for such a notion. There are many good people who believe in the idea.

I feel bad for all the people who got taken in by this prediction. I hope this will not lead to some people losing their faith.

We all do and say foolish things. We've all believed in things that are not real.

God still loves us, no matter what mistakes we make.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Ah well... there's always the Mayan Prophecies :-)

Mockery might be cruel (though delusional people might be better off in a court-supervised guardianship situation), but would it be really be so horrible if I bought up all the return tickets from Cancun for the week after the 21 December 2012 scheduled apocalypse?

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home