View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting ...

I've been in formation with the Secular Franciscan Order since 2008. I've just finished the final formation lesson, and profession is scheduled for July 9.

Along the way, I've kept myself in check: I tend to leap into things or grow impatient if things are not moving fast enough. (Alas, I also tend not to be as sensitive to the timetables of people who go too "slowly" for my taste.)

But now as profession draws nearer, I can feel the excitement building.

One day at a time, Lee. One day at a time!

I recognize that the formal formation process is simply part of the ongoing formation of Secular Franciscans. Indeed, I will now be able to rejoin the rest of the fraternity in its study of the writings of Ss. Francis and Clare. I also continue my own spiritual reading.

I'm so lucky for have a fraternity nearby, and to have them accept me as they have.

Thank you Lord.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Prayers for you as you approach your Profession day.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home