View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Liturgical dance update

In light of the possibility of some liturgical dance being included at an upcoming youth Mass at our parish, I sent to a staff member some information about liturgical dance not being appropriate for Mass. I hope that information will be shared with the rest of the staff.

Perhaps it will lead them to reconsider.

I am also considering what I should do if they go ahead. Our group, Rock of Faith, is scheduled to provide music for that particular Mass, and one option I'm weighing seriously is not playing that Sunday.

I'm hoping it won't come to that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Lee for bringing this to the attention of the parish leaders. I hope you will be successful in protecting the dignity of the Mass.

9:09 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Maybe I will succeed. Maybe not. I can at least try.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

That's a real pickle, Lee. Prayers that you succeed and/or for your decision.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home