View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Church Rocks - Report

Overall, I thought the Church Rocks concert at St. Pius went very well.

The bands showed the variety of contemporary talent out there among us local Catholics. There was a good-sized crowd, and the people seemed to enjoy it. My father-in-law (we're trying to get him out since mom-in-law's death) liked it, and teared up saying she would have enjoyed it.

We had to cut our set short on the fly. We prepared far more than we needed. Naturally, on one song I lost my place and realized I was playing the wrong chords. And on one song I started out singing slightly off. Grrr.

The quality of music varied - but we're all just amateurs. I don't know if other groups play the same styles (and volume) in Church, or if they were just in concert mode. If what we saw is what they do at Mass, and were I with them, I'd tone some things down.

Definitely a great first time - and a success. I'm already looking forward to next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Anonymous - You say your are "offended" by something you don't clearly or competely explain, so I can't tell if you have any valid point.

Moreover, I'm offended when people try to criticise, but don't have the courage to identify themselves.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home