View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The annual summer goals post

It's that time of year again.

School is over (as of last Friday), and I have 1o weeks before I see the smiling faces of my fellow teachers again. 70 days.

Time for a list of things to do in that time.

1. Finish the second coat of paint on our remodeled bedroom (got the first coat done in the fall).

2. Prepare and stain the front stockade fence.

3. Replace the broken staves on the back stockade fence (falling tree limb did some in).

4. Put together two bookcases in one of the now vacated bedrooms upstairs, get the books and cleaned out of the open area where everything has been stacked/piled/dropped, and set up a small office in the bedroom.

5. Get Dad's estate settled and his bills paid (a delay due to a distant relative has forced us to go to court to officially get me appointed executor).

6. Work on the novel. My goal last summer was 10,000 words. I failed miserably (about 2,500). How about 5,000 for this summer?

7. Lose weight. (Again) 20 pounds?

8. Get my prayer life back on keel.

9. Read a few good books and recharge my batteries. It's been a rough year personally and at work, so I am mentally/emotionally drained.

Lots to do. 70 days, eh? Too much time for procrastinating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home