View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Robert Duffy - another Catholic betraying his faith

Rochester Mayor Robert Duffy has been picked by N.Y. gubernatorial candidate Andrew Cuomo as his running mate.

Duffy describes himself as Roman Catholic. He also says that he is pro-choice and supports homosexual marriage.

Sigh. Another Catholic betraying his faith while seeking public office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Anderson said...

I don't know if it's so much as a betrayal as it is impostering. Our Church leaders have let CINO's espouse these crazy views for so long that it became acceptable. Obviously, I don't know Duffy or Cuomo personally, but I have a hard time believing they take their faith seriously. Our Church leaders need to call these people out more directly. It seems to be happening more and more, so we'll see. Arch Dolan has a spine, so I bet he'll make some comments before the election.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home