View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

St. Joseph Rosary

Today I heard about a different way to say the Rosary - a St. Joseph Rosary!

It is prayed exactly like the Marian rosary, except instead of saying the "Hail Mary" on the 10 beads you say:

Joseph, son of David, and husband of Mary; we honor you, guardian of the Redeemer, and we adore the child you named Jesus.

Saint Joseph, patron of the universal church, pray for us that, like you, we may live totally dedicated to the interests of the Savior.

Amen.

There are also additional Mysteries on which to reflect:

1. Betrothal to Mary (Mt 1:18).
2. Annunciation to Joseph (Mt 1:19-21).
3. Birth and Naming of Jesus (Mt 1:22-25).
4. Flight into Egypt (Mt 2:13-15).
5. Hidden Life at Nazareth (Mt 2:23; Lk 2:51-52).

Yeah, I know, probably most everyone else has heard of this, but it's new to me and I think it's great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

I had never heard of it! I'm so glad you posted it.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I will use this in my classes. I am a middle school religion teacher.
Grandma

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home