View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bills .... sigh

The Buffalo Bills led New England 24-13 with about 5 minutes to play, still clung to a 25-19 lead with 2 minutes to go - and with control of the ball - but thanks to a bonehead play, end up losing 25-24.

Maybe God wants me to suffer more penance.

5 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Or God is teaching you a lesson in perseverance and humility. I've been learning that lesson with the Denver Broncos for years and years!!! None to easy a task I might add! Cathy

7:08 AM  
Blogger Persis said...

The price we pay for being Bills fans!!! They certainly do there best to keep their fans humble!!!

Maybe next year, sigh....

11:06 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

I could not BELIEVE that. Seriously, walked out of the room sure that the Bills had it sewed up, and within the 3 minutes I was out of the room it had all changed.

So sorry.

We were pulling for you here in TN.

1:37 PM  
Blogger David Marciniak said...

At this point Bills fans should be spared purgatory altogether.

I share your pain.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beginning to believe that part of our pennance on earth is being Bill's fan.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home