View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Off to Detroit

One of the obligations of being the official principal now is that I have to attend the principals' conference at the home office for our school system. That means a seven-hour drive to Detroit (I don't like to fly). I get to drive through Canada to check out border security. If I'm on the White House list, you never know ...

To be honest, I dislike conferences more than a drive of that length. I'm not a crowd person. Still, maybe I can pick up a few ideas to help our school.

I hope there will be a free moment to pop over to St. Bonaventure Friary in Detroit. That's where Venerable Father Solanus Casey served for a good chuck of his career and is now buried. The monastery is only about a half hour from the hotel.

That said, I will be away for my computer for several days, so there won't be any posts or comment moderation until Thursday.

All of you: Be good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dee said...

where are you the principal?

8:51 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Lakeside Learning Center, a small Christian school in Webster, NY.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home