View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Secular Franciscan Profession

We had our Secular Franciscan Profession today. From the two Rochester fraternities, there were 11 people professed (there was supposed to be one more, but she had a family emergency).

A beautiful ceremony - with four priests concelebrating. One of those priests was also one of the professed.

I'd post more, but it's so hot - and we have no air-conditioning - I'm afraid of burning out the computer!

I was given my formation packet. I officially begin in September. At some point in the future I hope to be part of another such ceremony in a more direct way.

Pax et bonum - Lee

5 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Hi Lee -- My friend is starting out in the SFO. She invited me to come, but I couldn't as I had the TLM. It was at St. Leo's at 2 p.m. yesterday, right?

6:32 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yes, it was at St. Leo's. Is your friend going to go with with the Hilton group or the Rochester group? Right now, I'm the only person in the formation class for the Rochester group, so I would welcome someone else!

8:50 AM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

I believe that she'll be with the St. Leo group, but I"m not totally sure.

10:08 AM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Here is a profession of some Franciscan Sisters you might be interested in seeing.

http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/2009/08/franciscan-sisters-usus-antiquior.html

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Lee. And jealous! God bless your study in Franciscan loving/Gospel living. And I'm happy that you got to go to see Solanus Casey, too. Sometimes it seems if one but glances at the Lord, He sends a chocolate-box filled with assorted graces.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home