View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mass for Life

There's a Mass for Life at 6:30 tonight at Focus Pregnancy Help Center, 86 University Avenue. Father Walter Cushing will be the celebrant. Food and refreshments will follow.

Sadly, I will probably not be able to make it (family).

I've also heard that we may have another 40 Days for Life effort this fall. I would love to see expanded involvement from Catholic parishes and groups in this prayerful, positive effort. I would also love to see Bishop Clark and other diocesan officials getting involved.

6 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee - Bishop Clark had a chance to get involved last year and NO deal. He had a chance to march on Good Friday. Again, no Bishop Clark. He had to march with the interfaith crowd.

Hope all is at least somewhat better now after your 2 pets had to be put down last week. So sad.

3:58 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Until the day he leaves office, Bishop Clark will have a chance to join us at one of the events.

I will remain hopeful.

4:28 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Since hope springs eternal, I pray that he joins us. I'll see you at the Mass for Life tonight if you find you can make it.

Oremus pro invicem!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Diacono Jose E. Rivera said...

Lee,

We have officially registered Rochester for the Fall campaign! Spread the word! We'll be having an informational meeting next Tuesday, Aug. 4th, at 6:30pm at Focus Pregnancy Help Center at 86 University Ave.
Thanks for all your help!
Jose

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bishop Clark won't be attending the Fr. Corapi conference this August, even though he was extended an invitation.

11:14 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thank you Jose. I will try to clear my schedule to be there.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home