View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Catholic tea parties


One response to the ongoing Obama/Notre Dame Scandal is prayer.

There's a site, http://www.prayfor44.com/, now calling on Catholics across the U.S. to pray or to hold prayer meetings - ideally at the same time President Obama is being honored at Notre Dame May 17.

The promoters of the initiative say what they'd like to see is a nationwide, prayerful “Catholic Tea Party.”

The site has a prayer:

“Dear 44th President, we pray that you may see clearly and defend the value of all human life, from the moment of conception. God bless you.”

Respectful. I like the idea. I hope as many people as possible take part. I'll be praying that day.

If you'd like to organize a local “Catholic Tea Party” contact prayfor44@gmail.com.

(Culled from a CNA report.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home