View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another reason for going to a penance service

Last night the Good-Looking One and I went to our parish penance service. It was then that I noticed something funny about my right front tire. Sure enough, it had a nail in it.

As soon as we got home, I called the nearby Sear Automotive Center (well-deserved plug here). They were closing up for the night, but one of the technicians was just finishing cleaning up and was willing to wait if I got there quickly.

I did. Tire fixed.

If I hadn't gone to the penance service I would not have spotted the problem, and when I went out this morning I would have had a very flat tire when I was supposed to be on the road to school. (My first period students probably wouldn't have minded!)

A simple thing, but a reason last night (and this morning) to say, "Thank you, Lord."

Oh, and "Thank You, Sears."

3 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

As always!!! Thanks be to God!!! Cathy

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this blog the other day and now you're in my "favorites". You do a great job. I don't understand why you don't have more comments. Perhaps more people have to discover this site.
I've also noticed that you post news sometimes a day ahead of others.
Keep up the good work!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Anonymous - thank you.

Grandma - as always - glad you stopped by!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home